Duration: 5 Days
If we do not have a training course available on the dates you wish to book, please send us an email and we can either try and arrange something, or will let you know when one becomes available.
Paintless Dent Repair (PDR), also known as "Paintless Dent Removal", is a collection of techniques for removing minor dents and dings from the body of a motor vehicle. A wide range of damage can be repaired using PDR; however, usually if there is paint damage, PDR may be unsuitable.
The most common practical use for PDR is the repair of hail damage, door dings, minor body creases and minor bumper indentations. The techniques can also be applied to help prepare more heavily damaged panels prior to traditional repair techniques. Such applications are referred to as "push to paint", or "push for paint".
Limiting factors for a successful repair using PDR include the flexibility of the paint and the amount the metal has been stretched by the damage incurred. Hence, often extremely sharp dents and creases may not be repairable - at least not without painting afterwards.
Day 1: Getting started
- Health and safety.
- Introduction into PDR tools and methods.
- Basic theory of PDR technique.
- Demonstration of how to begin and tool location.
- Putting the theory into practice with step by step guidance.
- Tool location and high spot removal.
Day 2: Removal of small dents in an open area
- Brief recap of Day 1 theory and practice.
- Theory and practical of removing of thumbnail size dents.
- Theory and practical of removing small shallow dents (up to 5/10 pence size).
- Theory and practical of removing small pin dents.
- End of day breakdown of progress and targets to achieve.
Day 3: Removal of standard dents and creases
- Brief recap of Day 2 theory and practice.
- Theory and practical of removing various dents (different size/shape).
- Theory and practical of removing creases.
- Theory and practical for larger dents and correct tool selection.
Day 4: Various dent removal including restricted and more complex dents
- Brief recap of Day 3 theory and practice.
- Theory and practical of swage line dents in open areas.
- Theory and practical of basic restricted access dent removal.
- Theory and practical of complex restricted access dent removal.
- Theory and practical of dent removal on door panels.
Day 5: Removal of dents on door panels
- Recap on the week.
- Removal of thumbnail size dents on door panels.
- Removal of small dents on open areas.
- Removal of larger dents on open areas.
- Removal of dents in restricted areas and access points.
- Brief recap of the week set targets for progression.
PDR training has a maximum of 2 trainees per course & 1-1 tutoring can be arranged. We offer a large selection of tools from around the world we strongly recommend buying a small selection to start and adding more only as you progress.
We give each trainee a good foundation with the PDR courses and set out a routine for ongoing practice and development. We also offer ongoing assistance, help or advice for free.
Prior to the Course
Please complete this questionnaire before attending the course.
"Had a great week and learnt loads thanks to the trainers experience and methods of training. I can feel a career change coming on. I have bought all the kit and I am going to go for it. Everybody here has been so friendly. Thanks for everything; the cakes are in the post!" Martin Lambert
All Smart Express Training is carried out at our facility, Eyebox in Coventry, developed to deliver a collection of SMART repair training courses, with IMI & ATA qualifications available.
Booking by phone
If you would like to book by phone please call us on 0333 222 9943.
*Morelli Points cannot be spent or earned on Training Courses.